Lotte Hotel Moscow; Moscow, Russia
Mandara Spa manager, Yana Silaeva, suggests aromatherapy treatments that can boost your health, your mood, and even your appearance. "Certain oils may relieve tension and stress, cure depression, fatigue, and migraines," she says. "And mixed with a carrier oil aromatherapy treatments can leave your skin looking younger, visibly lifted, toned and hydrated."
Aroma lamp and your oil of choice:
• For anti-stress treatment: lemon verbena, chamomile, tangerine, or grapefruit
• To combat insomnia: sage, lemon balm, or lavender
• To fight depression, fatigue, migraine, or melancholy: cinnamon, bitter orange, geranium, rose, bergamot, ginger, ylang-ylang, patchouli, eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, lemon, lime, thyme, marjoram, myrrh, nutmeg, neroli, sage, grapefruit and even wormwood (despite the bitter notes, this herb is considered a strong natural antidepressant)
• For an anti-ageing skin treatment: mix lavender oil with with one egg yolk and honey.
1) At-Home Aromatherapy: mix three drops of essential oils in an aroma lamp and enjoy the aroma and a soothing effect on your emotions.
2) Anti-ageing skin treatment: take one egg yolk, one teaspoon of honey and two to three drops of lavender oil. Mix it and apply to clean skin and let it soak in for 15 minutes.
3) Essential oil baths: Draw a bath with warm water and a few drops of oil for a beneficial effect on the skin and a pleasant aroma.