Eight Outstanding Hotels and Hoteliers Received Prestigious Membership Awards for Dedication to Guest Experience, Inspirational Industry Leadership and Commitment to their Communities, Employees and Guests
The Leading Hotels of the World
(LHW) held its 2023 Annual Convention from November 9 – 11 in Puglia, Italy. In celebration of this year’s convention theme, “Unrivaled Luxury Leaders,” General Managers and owners from LHW’s portfolio of over 400 independent luxury hotels and top industry leaders gathered to discuss the landscape of independent luxury hospitality. The 2023 Annual Convention included daily business sessions spotlighting presentations from the LHW management team and a roster of influential external speakers from Campari and Deloitte, to American Express, The Boston Consulting Group, and more. Evenings included engaging networking moments, cultural events and a celebratory gala. All conference activities took place throughout Puglia and at host LHW properties, Borgo Egnazia
and Masseria San Domenico Spa-Thalasso & Golf Resort
The finale of the three-day Annual Convention was an exclusive Gala Dinner and Membership Award Ceremony, held at the ancient estate of Pettolecchia La Fortezza amid elegant olive groves. The annual Award Ceremony honors Leading Hotels that exemplify tremendous strides in the independent luxury hospitality industry, from sustainable practices to innovative guest experiences.
The 2023 Leading Hotels Awards Winners Include:
- Leading Legend: Mr. George Cohen, Managing Director of Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa for his daily demonstration of excellence and innovation throughout his 40+ year career, commitment to mentoring the next generation of hoteliers and unwavering support of the LHW community.
- Uncommon Vision: Mr. Vasileios Koumpis, General Manager, Katikies Hotels, for his dedication to Greek hospitality and creating innovative solutions to maintain the island’s culinary and cultural heritage.
- New Member of the Year: Mazzarò Sea Palace for their consistent engagement with Leading Hotels and demonstrated commitment to establishing and maintaining exceptional quality scores.
- Member of the Year: Marbella Club Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa for demonstrating extraordinary support of, and engagement with the Leading Hotels organization and its programs.
- Change-Makers: Nayara Tented Camp for their commitment to improving their community, while investing significant resources and tools to benefit their wellbeing and quality of life.
- Remarkable Experiences: Bürgenstock Hotel & Alpine Spa for delivering unexpected moments and creating story-worthy guest experiences through innovative service and creative team engagement.
- Sustainability Leader: Capella Ubud for demonstrating a commitment to safeguarding the planet, empowering social and economic success locally, and preserving local heritage.
- Unrivaled Luxury Leader: Emerald Collection (Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa / Emerald Faarufushi Resort & Spa): For providing an unrivalled commitment to the quality of guest experience, the property, and hotel operations.
The Leading Legend and Uncommon Vision honorees received an Alpine Eagle wristwatch by Chopard. Chopard’s family-run business and storied heritage presents many synergies with LHW as a brand and the 2023 Annual Convention was the third showcase of the two companies' collaboration.
A special thank you to the sponsors of this year’s annual convention: American Express, Frette, Campari, Chopard, Laurent-Perrier, Pommery, Paola Lenti, La Bottega, Lavazza, Mason Rose, UltiMedia, Intelity, Mews, Canary Technologies, DailyPoint and IdeaS.
The 2024 Annual Convention will take place next November in Marbella, Spain at host Leading Hotels, Anantara Villa Padierna
, Marbella Club Hotel, Golf Resort and Spa
and Puente Romano Beach Resort
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (LHW)
Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, LHW is the largest collection of independent luxury hotels. In 1928, 38 independent hoteliers came together to create LHW. Since then, the Company has carefully curated distinctive hotels, resorts, inns, chalets, villas, and safari camps from the snow-capped Alps of Europe to the African veldt, to share them with adventurous souls who seek the remarkably uncommon. The LHW community is filled of exceptional individuals, united by a passion for the surprising discoveries and details that come with every experience. LHW hoteliers are artisans of hospitality whose expertise, commitment to excellence, and individual flair allows them to create story-worthy moments for their guests. And it is these authentic, individualized experiences combined with the warm hospitality and high-touch service they provide that keeps discerning travelers returning again and again. LHW’s collection covers the globe and promises a broad range of destinations and uncommon experiences, enhanced by LHW’s tiered guest loyalty program Leaders Club. From converted former palaces, and countryside retreats run by the same families for generations, to gleaming skyscrapers in dynamic urban centers, serene private island escapes, glamorous tented camps – and beyond – explore, find inspiration, and experience unforgettable travel moments. For more information visit: www.lhw.com
, Facebook at @LeadingHotels
, Twitter at @LeadingHotels
and Instagram @leadinghotelsoftheworld