The Leading Hotels of the World Celebrates Hotel Members at 2019 Annual Convention
Six Prestigious Hotels and Hoteliers Honored for Exemplary Customer Satisfaction, Outstanding
Leadership and Engagement
NEW YORK, NY (November 2019)
– The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.
unveiled its 2019 Membership Awards in Marrakech, Morocco at the Annual Convention Gala on Wednesday, November 20, 2019, marking the finale of the three-day Annual Convention event. The ceremony was held at Palmeraie, a glamorous palm grove venue, and honored six member hotels and hoteliers for their continuous commitment to creating an uncommon guest experience, exemplary leadership, and their overall passion for remarkably uncommon hospitality.
“Each year we look forward to honoring our exceptional hotels and hoteliers at our Membership Awards,” said Shannon Knapp, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Leading Hotels of the World. “Our 2019 Annual Convention focused on the theme of “Community” and our awards gala provided an opportunity to celebrate our extraordinary community of more than 400 independent, luxury hotels. Our honorees’ exemplary commitment to independent hotel keeping and their guests is truly admirable. They each have changed the landscape of the Leading community, their local communities, and the larger hospitality community. We applaud their outstanding achievements.”
The 2019 Leading Hotels award honorees include:
- Member of the Year: Grand Hotel Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden for demonstrating extraordinary support of, and engagement with the Leading Hotels organization and its programs.
- New Member of the Year: Villa Maïa, Lyon, France for its commitment the Leading Hotels membership through its engagement with the brand and its dedication to establishing and maintaining exceptional quality scores.
- Happy Guest: Le Bristol Paris, Oetker Collection, Paris, France for providing the greatest commitment to the guest experience, based upon the hotel’s latest quality score and Leaders Club feedback from the previous year.
- Remarkably Uncommon: Malibu Beach Inn, Malibu, California, U.S. for creating story-worthy guest experiences through innovative service and creative team engagement.
- Leaders Club Leadership: Katikies, Santorini, Greece for its outstanding commitment, creativity and engagement with the Leaders Club program, and pioneering best practices involving Leaders Club and bringing the experience to life for its guests.
- Leading Legend: Mr. Antonio Sersale, owner and general manager of Le Sirenuse, Positano, Italy for his passion for excellence and quality.
All six award recipients received an inscribed wristwatch by Blancpain. The world’s oldest watch brand, Blancpain has participated in the company’s Annual Convention since 2005, providing the timepieces presented to the winners of the member recognition awards. The honorees were also presented with an engraved Tiffany & Co. trophy and a gift from Moët Hennessy.
The Annual Convention brings together the owners, managing directors and general managers of the more than 400 independent, luxury hotels and resorts within the Leading collection for business sessions and cultural events. The 2019 Annual Convention took place throughout Marrakech and at Leading Hotels’ host properties Royal Mansour Marrakech
and La Mamounia
The 2019 Annual Convention welcomed a new chapter for The Leading Hotels of the World. The event was led by the company’s new President and Chief Executive Officer Ms. Shannon Knapp who was appointed to the position in October 2019.
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (Leading Hotels)
Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, Leading Hotels is a collection of uncommon luxury hotels. Rooted in the locations in which they are found, members embody the very essence of their destination. Through varied styles of architecture and design and distinct cultural experiences enhanced by passionate people, the collection is for the curious traveler looking for their next discovery. Established in 1928 by several influential and forward-thinking European hoteliers, Leading Hotels has a nine-decade-long commitment to providing remarkable, authentic travel experiences. The company selects only hotels that meet its high standards for quality and distinctiveness, resulting in a curated portfolio of hotels united not by what makes them the same, but the details that make them different. Leaders Club is the company’s exclusive tiered guest loyalty program, consisting of like-minded travelers seeking uncommon travel experiences. The program provides its members with personalized service and exclusive travel benefits to enhance their stays at any Leading Hotel around the world. For more information visit: www.lhw.com
, Facebook at @LeadingHotels
, Twitter at @LeadingHotels
and Instagram @leadinghotelsoftheworld